December 21, 2009

Harmless Flirtation

So the big East Coast Blizzard is over, kind of anti climatic for me because

1. We didn't get as much snow as predicted

2. It happened on a Saturday night which mean it would not result in a day off on Monday....Whomp Whomp :-(

Anywho I was leaving the house this morning to go to work and make the most of may last three days before Christmas break and I got a call on my cell phone from a colleague. We work in the same type of business and have had to deal with each other
(ONLY on a professional level) for the past 2 years. (*Note: I realize that I am vague about what I do for a living but I got to keep some things private, but in the interest for some disclosure I work in Education and that is all I will say). The thing is we have been doing this coy harmless flirting dance for the past 2 years. Now neither one of us have actual verbalized any intentions but you can tell there is "something" in there. So he called me to thank me for a Christmas card I sent him and to wish me a Happy Holidays (and the I hear a collective Mmmm huhhhh right). So we usually chat for a bit and talk shop in our very best phone voices. I am in a relationship so I don't lend to much thought into our impromptu conversations, but I have to wonder is there really such thing as "harmless" flirting? Ohhhh yeah did I forget to mentions that he is about 6"1, chocolate brown, college educated, and has a Barry White baritone....huh forgot to mention that (funny how that happens). Anyways if I don't muster up the time or energy to blog again this week
Happy Holidays and Hugs & Kisses


No comments: